Wiring malfunction causes fire that destroys Bluffs home(with video)
Scottsbluff Fire Chief Dana Miller says a fire that destroyed a Scottsbluff home Wednesday was caused by a wire malfunction in the basement. The fire at 1415 4th Avenue, also displaced the owners, Pat and Darrel Twombly , and a young couple and their child, who were renting space in the basement.
The mid-morning blaze, which caused firefighters to return early in the afternoon when it rekindled, climbed through the walls in the back of the house and above the second floor ceiling. Miller says when the winds picked up early this afternoon, it fueled the fire when crews tried to gain access through the attic.
The home valued at over $70,000 was declared a total loss due to damage to the roof, kitchen, and floors. Miller said the fire had gotten into some hidden spots and there were a lot of materials in many of the rooms.
The home and contents were insured. Firefighter Ministries is providing a couple nights in a motel for the occupants, toiletries, and initial clothing needs. An inventory of needed household items will be listed once the home is available to re-enter.
Here are the needed clothing sizes: Womens pants size 7 and size 16 elastic or 20 with snaps. Mens size 42x29 and 32x34. Little girls size 7 clothes. If you can help with any of this, please drop your donations off at Schank Roofing during the day.
Related Links & Information
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information