Bomb threats target 7 courthouses

The Lincoln Journal Star says the Hall of Justice in Lincoln has reopened after a caller phoned in a bomb threat.

The facility, which includes the headquarters for the Lincoln Police Department, the Lancaster Sheriff's Office and the city's 911 Center, as well as the Lancaster County courthouse, had been evacuated late Friday morning following the threat. But workers and visitors have now been allowed to re-enter the building.

Lincoln's Public Safety Director Tom Casady said a caller or callers also made bomb threats to at least six other Nebraska courthouses in Saline, Richardson, Gage, Johnson, Otoe and Seward counties.

© 2014 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information