Cattleman's Ball 2014 looking to raise record amount
Now that the Cattlemans Ball for 2013 near Paxton has wrapped up, planning is already underway for the Cattlemans Ball in 2014, to be hosted by the Hoot Owl Ranch in Banner County June 6th and 7th of next year. Kenny and Misty Stauffer are the host family, and Kenny says the goal is to raise a record $2.5 million for cancer research and local medical causes.
Stauffer says 90% of the proceeds will go to cancer research at Eppley Cancer Center and the remaining 10% will be earmarked toward regional medical efforts.
The Ball's co-chairs Jeff Heldt and Monty Stoddard say they are in need of 300 volunteers for the event and those interested in assisting should call Kenny Stauffer at 641-0429. The two day celebration of beef is open to the public and will include a golf tournament, style show, art show, silent and live auctions, a Saturday night concert and dance.
Tickets for both days of the event are $350 while tickets for everything after 11 a.m. Saturday including lunch, dinner and the concert featuring an as yet to be named major country artist are $75.
All the beef served at the celebration will come from cattle raised at the Hoot Owl Ranch, a first for the Cattleman's Ball.
© 2014 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information