Chadron council approves placing L.B. 840 renewal project
The Chadron city council last night gave the unofficial go-ahead to sending a renewal of the city's half-cent LB-840 economic development sales tax to the voters on April 9th. The bulk of the revenue would go to go to pay off bonds for major improvements to the city's storm sewer system.
The council told City Manager Wayne Anderson and the L. B. 840 committee to prepare a full proposal with ballot language for the council's meeting next Monday, with the council to approve it two weeks later.
Anderson is happy there has been support for the storm sewer project.
The current LB-840 tax, which expires next year, brings in about $400,000 annually with 75% going to Chadron Community Hospital to help pay for the new hospital.
The tentative renewal proposal calls for a 15-year old with 80% going for the storm sewer project. The remaining 20% would go to community development and betterment projects, just as at present.
© 2014 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information