Save The VA says their alternative is better
The group leading the effort to keep the VA Medical Center in Hot Springs from closing has unveiled a plan they say would not only provide better care for veterans in Hot Springs and nationally, but would be less expensive than the VA plan to close the Hot Springs center.
Save the VA President Dr. Rich Gross says the group's plan calls for the Hot Springs Domiciliary to host a national demonstration project focused on finding the best treatment for post-traumatic stress for disordered and related problems. Gross says their operational setup would be a change from what is occurring now.
75% of the proceeds after expenses would go to the VA to offset treatment and related costs, with the remaining 25% being used for Hot Springs community development.
Gross says Save the VA's figures put the 30-year cost of keeping and upgrading the current facilities at $144-million dollars and building new at $193-million...$49-million more than keeping the existing center.
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information