Fireworks related fire displaces Gering family
A fireworks related structure fire Wednesday night at 620 16th Street in Gering has displaced the Linda Landrum family in the Geil addition. Fire Chief Jay Templar says the blaze destroyed a garage and caused significant smoke and water damage to the home.
Templar says the fire started outside the garage from discarded fireworks placed in a trash can. Templar says a garage full of items, including antiques, were lost. The fire also caught a tree on fire between property lines.
Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 11 p.m.
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information