Electrical fire displaces Crawford man and daughter
A faulty electrical system is blamed for a fire that extensively damaged a house in Crawford about 2:00 Saturday morning. Crawford Fire Chief Brian Prosser says the home may have to be declared a total loss, but that an insurance adjuster will make that call.
Prosser says the fire began in the living room of the home and was spotted by neighbors. They began pounding on the side of the house at the bedroom of owner-occupant Dean Studnicka, waking him up.
Studnicka says when he opened his bedroom door, he was met by a wall of smoke....but that he was able to get his daughter and get out through a bedroom window.
Chief Prosser says firefighters were on the scene quickly and had the fire extinguished with 45-minutes, but not before the house had suffered extensive structural damage. 16 Crawford firefighters were assisted by 7 from Chadron.
Studnicka....who works for Nebraska Game and Parks at the Ponderosa Wildlife Management Area....and his daughter have been helped with food and clothing by the Red Cross with Game and Parks arranging for temporary housing.
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information