Scottsbluff fire believed to be fireworks related
The cause of a Scottsbluff fire that damaged a garden shed and some nearby garages is believed to have fireworks related.
Scottsbluff Fire Captain Dan Hubbs says the fire at the Hector Mata residence at 1610 5th Avenue resulted in $1,000 damage to the shed and another $500 to its contents. Hubbs says it also melted siding on the adjacent garages, resulting in approximately $2,000 damage.
Mata's grandchildren reported the fire, but it's suspected others passing by using fireworks started the blaze.
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information