Gubernatorial Debate coverage at 5 pm tonight
Listen here to live coverage of the 2014 Nebraska Gubernatorial Debate from the Nebraska State Fair ...

Chimney fire damages Terrytown home

A chimney fire has caused damage to a Terrytown home. Scottsbluff Rural Assistant Fire Chief Paul Reisig says they responded to #85 Spring Valley Drive around 8 p.m. Monday night along with Scottsbluff and Gering firefighters. Reisig says they extinguished the fire by opening up areas on the outside of the roof and in the ceiling area,

Reisig says damage was estimated at $15,000 to the home and $2,500 to the contents. The Jason Hanshew family was given shelter by Firefighter's Ministry and Reisig believes the home will be liveable in another week or two. Even though Hanshew had recently cleaned his chimney, Reisig reminds residents to have their chimneys inspected and cleaned as the best prevention for a possible fire.


© 2014 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information